Popular Posts

Friday, May 07, 2021

Why write? Why not?

Why write?

Well, I had stopped writing for a while. For a long while. Here. I had been going through a lot of conflicts. Internally. Not that I've stopped having them. But I thought it might not be wise to let them be known. To the world. After all, who cares? To whom would it matter? Whether I write or don't. Facebook and Twitter had become close substitutes to Blogs. Microblogging seemed to be the need of the hour. Maybe I had been flogging a dead horse for quite sometime. Vlogs had replaced Blogs. The surviving and thriving Blogs were a different ballgame altogether. From what I had grown used to, since I had become a blogger. 

Well, changes are natural. Evolution is necessary. Whether it suits me or not. Then why stay in the game? Why not quit?

Why; why not?

Here lies the answer. Maybe I can carry on. Doing what I did. Because I'm still alive and kicking. More importantly, because my quest for ego-boost is minimal. After all, isn't self-expression rewarding in itself? Why think about competition? Why look at it as a race? I've never really bothered about validation or adulation or acceptance. Call me 'too old-fashioned' if you want. I cannot afford to be driven by appreciation or understanding, and that too here (of all places). So there. I'm hanging on to my solitary beat. 

No comments: