Popular Posts

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!



It's Thanksgiving Day, and although it actually has been an American tradition for more nearly 400 hundred years, I think it has grown in appeal, if not in the exact same observance, around the world.
Here in India too people do wish each other on this day and many of us take the opportunity to pause to pause and be thankful for the bounties enjoyed. 
Some of my friends have asked me what is it that one needs to be thankful for, and my answer would be something that I had read a long time back and has stayed with me, it is: If staying alive is not something to be thankful for, I don't know what is.
Life is too short to be sitting around all glum and miserable. We may keep complaining, as much as we like, that life hasn't been fair to us, but complaining can hardly make us feel better. Can't afford to be cynical all our lives, I don't think even the grumpiest person on earth can be so!
Life fails to be perfect - that's something people would unanimously agree upon - but it never fails to catch us unawares and surprise us with its beauty. Sometimes it is the beauty of life that overwhelms, sometimes I find it heartbreaking; sometimes it's just too much to soak in, to absorb.
I have come to realize that it is not happy people who are thankful but thankful people who are happy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Imran said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

mehul said...

happeeeee thanksgiving. anindo! i am thankful for having a friend in you!!!!!!!!!!!

jeet said...

thank u, ani, for lots of stuff..... better left unsaid

Unknown said...

I know, A little "thank you" that one says to another for a "little favor" shown to one is a key to unlock the doors that hide unseen "greater favors".

You've done a lots for me. You've made me indebted to you in many ways. So, a small "Thanks" is not enough to show my gratefulness. I just can pray that God May Bless You Always!~
Keep Smiling!
Don't Be Changed!
& Stay beside me always!
Love You~
:)