http://www.sakagaze.blogspot.com is the blog address for some of the cool and not so cool observations by Anindo Sen, a passionate Kolkatan. Kolkata is likely to feature prominently on this blog, just as it is likely to feature the personal preferences - as far as films, books or music or other finer aspects of life are concerned.
Popular Posts
-
Samadarshi Dutta is one of the fresh talents that Bangla cinema can boast of. He is an actor who has been consistently doing quality work,...
-
Here's a listing of one hundred favorite Hindi films of mine : [I have tried my level best to order them chronologically, based on the...
-
Aditya Kapadia is undoubtedly the coolest e-friend that I have made. Inspite of being a celebrity (since childhood he has acted in televi...
-
Asha Bhosle , the original & ultimate songstress-diva turns 76 today! Being an ardent admirer of the singer, I wish her a VERY HAPPY BIR...
-
It's the awards season once again..... and a gala time for cine-buffs like me. I have been lucky to feast on a really enjoyable movie-f...
-
Recently, I have caught some cool flicks on video, I know 'cool' is a much abused word, it is so randomly used today to mean a bi...
-
Bollywood has really woken up.... to new-age cinema! And this time, none other than the much celebrated king of mush, Karan Johar, has back...
-
Shoaib is one of my very first e-friends. We befriended on Orkut , and now we are pals on Facebook as well, and even though our interact...
-
Ek Main Aur Ek Tu is the new film from Karan Johar's production house. It's the perfect Valentine's Day movie. Or...
-
Arin Paul is a name that is familiar to most who are clued in on Bangla films and television. He has wielded the director's baton for...
Monday, May 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
They grew up. We grew up with them as well. The days are hence cherished, rightly so.
Yes those were the days - days of fun and excitement, mixed with magical adventures and romance. I miss those days, I relive those days every time I revisit the books by Rowling as well as the movies based on them. Those days shall indeed be missed. Can't help.
Once an HP fanatic, always one!
AWESOME trio! :)
I remember fantasizing about studying in a school like Hogwarts and even imagining myself in Harry's shoes or Ron's (identifying with his kind of goofyness more) when I'd get into situations which were no less magical (without the wand-aided magic or wizardry) in the real world. I love Harry Potter and his world of fantasy and romance, a fan of the HP books and the HP films, and I know that I always will.
Cheerio HP - Harry Potter, not Hindustan Petroleum..... LoLzzzzzz
I think, had it not been for the films, the Harry Potter franchise wouldn't have grown as big as it did. The films were enormous success stories themselves, and, as their success continued to grow far and wide, the young actors who portrayed the many characters themselves became huge stars, none so big as Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint (who played Harry, Hermione, and Ron respectively). The sparkle in their eyes when they first joined the cast in 2001 to remarkable physical transformations they underwent with the passing years, and the brightness in their eyes acquiring tints of cynicism and insecurity were all quite noteworthy. They shall thus hold a special place in my heart like a million others, always.
It's amusing how for our generation, that has literally grown up with J. K Rowling's much loved (and even much battered by the haters) series, HP stands for neither Hewlett Packard nor Hindustan Petroleum but only for Harry Potter.
Post a Comment