Popular Posts

Friday, August 29, 2008

Cinema Plus......


Cinema has always been my passion. I often tell my friends that I eat, breathe, dream, and live cinema. But cinema viewing took a whole new turn this year... I was never prepared for it.... But who knows, maybe it was meant to be....!!!

Why? Well, without getting to explicit about the whole thing, as I am extremely shy of unmasking the intimate experiences for all, even though I reveal pretty much about my favorites (which is nothing less than personal) here, on my blog.... I can just say that it became an eye-opener of sorts when I went to see 'Bachna Ae Haseeno' - a frothy rom-com at the Fame multiplex at South City, Kolkata, on August 19th, this year.
Why was it an eye-opener, it made me question the obvious..... some of the itriguing questions were as follows:
WHAT do I seek from cinema? What do I seek from Life? What makes me associate cinema with the immediate upheavals, the confusion and the hesitation that abound in my life? Is cine-viewing a catharsis of sorts? Can cinema be a substitute or a proxy for other urges, other fulfilling outlets or inlets? What has been the trigger for my passion for cinema? Is my appetite for cinema a cause for concern? Is it addictive to unhealthy proportions? Do I look for life-affirming experiences in or through cinema? Do I want reality to take its cues from the cinema that I endear? Do I want cinema to engender my living moments, my emotions, my life?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have just one thing to say to u, dude....

Cinema is cinema....

and life is life....


As it is aptly said: 'Life happens when you are busy making other plans', I hope Life does not pass you by when you are wasting away the precious hours thinking silly little things, movie watching being just the excuse, and the camouflage being desperately chosen to keep up your guards.

Unknown said...

I would have loved to read some of the answers to those intriguing questions, dude! And, do not tell me that all remain unresolved..... do they? Really?